Tuesday, May 15, 2007

The Rev. Jerry Falwell is Dead

LYNCHBURG, Va. - The Rev. Jerry Falwell, the television evangelist who founded the Moral Majority and used it to mold the religious right into a political force, died Tuesday shortly after being found unconscious in his office at Liberty University. He was 73.


Death is a sad event for the loved ones left here on earth – so I feel for the family and friends of the Reverend.

And, I too will miss Jerry Falwell and his public stance on moral issues. For who else would publicly blame feminists, gays, lesbians and liberal groups for bringing on the terrorist attacks of September 11? (Though, he later apologized for this). Who else would accuse Tinky Winky, a purple, purse-toting character on television's "Teletubbies" show, of being gay and morally damaging to children? Who else would call Global Warming a “Tool of Satan”?

Ahh Jerry, you will be missed. For who else will I now shake my head at for helping to bring embarrassment to the name of Christianity? Silly me, of course, Kenneth Copland, Pat Robertson and the 700 Club.

2 comments:

Tracy said...

Just saying hey! I haven't had much time to email or update my blog lately but I still check yours for updates often!

Tracy said...

I miss your blogging :(